MUMBAI: On Thursday morning, in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, a five-year-old boy was killed and his mother sustained serious injuries when a wall collapsed on them after a LPG cylinder exploded at their home the police said.
In her apartment, located in Kalamboli area, the woman woke up in the morning and went to the kitchen to switch on the stove, the gas from the leaking LPG cylinder came in contact with the flame leading to the explosion, a police official said.
Due to the impact of the blast, a wall of the house collapsed on the woman and other family members who were fast asleep, he said.
In the incident, the woman and her son suffered serious injuries. They were rushed to a hospital where the child, identified as Sohan Baban Katke, was declared dead on arrive, the official said.
The Kalamboli police registered an accidental death report and was investigating the incident, he added.