Mumbai, IANS / Business Desk. According to Forbes ‘The Real Time Billionaires List’ Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries (RIL), is the world’s 9th wealthiest industrialist. Let us tell you that Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani was 13th in the list of the wealthiest people of 2019 made by Forbes earlier this year. RIL’s market capitalization crossed Rs 10 lakh crore on Thursday and became the first company to reach this milestone. This can also be attributed to Mukesh Ambani becoming rich.
According to Forbes’ The Real-Time Billionaires List, the RIL chairman’s’ real-time net worth ‘was $ 680 million on Today.
Top of the list is Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, whose ‘real time net worth’ stood at $ 11,300 million on Today.
On Thursday, Reliance Industries shares touched a 52-week high of Rs 1,581.25 on the BSE. During the last year, while Reliance Industries shares have risen by nearly 40 per cent, the Nifty 50 has recorded a growth of over 13 per cent.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is second only to RIL in terms of market capitalization. It is followed by HDFC Bank, Hindustan Unilever and HDFC etc.
These are the world’s top 10 billionaires
Name Company Networth
- Jeff Bezos Amazon $ 113 billion
- Bill Gates Microsoft $ 107.4 Billion
- Bernard Arnolt & Family LVMH $ 107.2 Billion
- Warren Buffett Berkshire Hathaway $ 86.9 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg Facebook $ 74.9 billion
- Amancio Ortega Zara $ 69.3 billion
- Larry Ellison Software $ 69.2 Billion
- Carlos Slim Family Telecom $ 60.9 Million
- Mukesh Ambani RIL $ 60.2 billion
- Larry Page Google $ 59.6 Billion