NEW DELHI: The government has suggested in new rules to improve the flying experience in india, passengers will not be charged for cancelling their tickets within 24 hours of booking them. The civil aviation ministry put out a charter also says the cancellation fee can never be more than the base fare.
Here are top 10 developments by the draft aviation charter
- The passenger will be offered a full refund, if a flight is delayed for more than four hours.
- The airline has to offer free hotel stay, if or a flight is delayed that it will take off the next day.
- They can get a full refund, If passengers are informed about a cancelled flight less than 24 hours before.
- A ticket booked 96 hours or four days before a flight will not be eligible for the cancellation fee waiver.
- For missed connecting flights, the airline has to compensate passengers.
- The airline has to pay Rs. 5,000, if a connecting flight is missed because the first flight was delayed for more than three hours. If the delay is four to 12 hours, the passenger can get Rs. 10,000. For more, the airline is liable to pay Rs. 20,000.
- Passengers must be provided enough food and drinks free of cost, if the plane is on the tarmac for more than an hour
- The passengers must be allowed to exit the plane, if the time stretches to more than two hours,
- Depending on the ticket price, the airline is liable to pay a minimum compensation of Rs. 5,000, if a passenger is denied boarding due to over-booking.
- The cancellation charges must be printed prominently on the ticket in a minimum font size of 12 and not as fine print. As part of the reservation and ticket documentation, this information must also be provided